Edexcel, formally known as Pearson Edexcel - London Examinations is a multinational education and examination body. Edexcel, the only privately owned examination board in the UK and part of Pearson PLC is a portmanteau term combining the words Education & Excellence.
Edexcel is the UK’s largest awarding organisation offering academic and vocational qualifications in schools, colleges and work places in the UK and abroad.
The British curriculum offered by the Edexcel International board is among the most taught at International Schools along with the curricula offered by Cambridge International Examinations and, the most dominant educational exam board in the International school sector, the International Baccalaureate Organization.
Edexcel was formed in 1996 by the merger of two bodies, the BTEC (Business & Technology Education Council) and ULEAC (University of London Examinations and Assessment Council)
In 2005, Edexcel became the only large examination board to be held in private hands, when Pearson PLC took complete control.
Why take an Edexcel qualification?
Edexcel has helped thousands of people make progress in their lives, whether in the classroom or in the workplace.
By combining world-class qualification standards with a forward thinking approach and International content, Edexcel qualifications are the ideal pathway to today’s top universities, offering learners access to tomorrow’s global opportunities.
They also offer teachers the high-tech support they need to help students achieve their full potential and make the most of these opportunities.
Where can Edexcel take me?
Our Edexcel qualifications can give you a variety of options, such as:
- Setting you on the right path into employment
- The opportunity to continue in education
- The opportunity to undertake an Apprenticeship.
We know you have options after GCSE, including AS or A level, Applied A level, BTEC Nationals, NVQs or a BTEC Apprenticeship. And after A levels you might apply for university, BTEC Higher Nationals, BTEC Apprenticeships or take your first steps into employment.
Whatever your plans, Edexcel’s academic and general qualifications can take you in the right direction
Advantages of Edexcel International GCSE curriculum: The Edexcel curriculum is one of the most recognized qualifications around the world. International GCSE courses are renowned for developing vital educational skills, including recall of knowledge, oral skills, problem solving, initiative team work and investigative skills.
Edexcel International GCSE offers a flexible course of study that gives candidates the freedom to choose subjects that are right for them, while providing them with a broad knowledge base and lifelong skills. This world class curriculum is ‘student friendly’ and helps the students to ‘think out of the box’.
- International GCSE’s are recognized as a reliable record of attainment which counts towards entry to universities and colleges around the world.
- A good grade in International GCSE English as a Second Language is accepted for entry by almost all universities in the UK, Germany, Canada and Australia as evidence of adequate competence in the English Language.
- International GCSE Science will help the students to develop scientific abilities and skills relevant to the study of science which will be of use in everyday life. Students will gain an awareness of the study and practice of science and will understand that scientific applications have both beneficial and detrimental effects on the individual and the environment.
- In India, International GCSE is accepted as equivalent to 10th grade of other Indian boards and Edexcel is one of the approved boards and an associate member of COBSE (Council of boards of school education in India).
- In India, GCE – ‘O’ level and GCE – ‘A’ level of Edexcel is recognized by AIU (All India Universities) as equivalent to +2 stage qualification of an Indian Board giving access to the bachelor degree programs at all Indian Universities